Are you looking for more maths classroom support material?
Cambridge HOTmaths now offers even more exceptional classroom support material for you and your students.
Teachers already love the reporting and marking tools because they save hours of laborious administration. The classroom support material allows you to easily assign tasks to specific students and create tests from current Cambridge HOTmaths content using the Task Manager and the Test Generator.
What is the Task Manager?
- The Task Manager was developed in response to teacher requests for additional web-based resources for schools and provides an extra level of control over the learning process.
- With the Task Manager, teachers can assign specific lessons, questions, walkthroughs, widgets (animations), Scorchers or HOTsheets (worksheets) from any syllabus within Cambridge HOTmaths to an individual or to a group of students.
- Any teacher who has a mixed ability class is on the lookout for genuinely useful web-based resources for schools, and will understand the benefit of customising the learning for each child.
- Once the tasks have been completed, teachers can run a report on the results to monitor each student?s progress.
What is the Test Generator?
- A great addition for web-based resources for schools already available on the site, the Test Generator is an easy way for teachers to create tests from the huge bank of questions within the Cambridge HOTmaths site.
- Teachers can choose questions from specific lessons or topics and also choose the number of questions for each difficulty level.
- The tests can be saved within the site, creating a bank of customisable resources to share within the school, adding to the already extensive range of web-based resources available for schools.
- Teachers can print the tests or assign them to specific students to complete online at a certain time.
- Test reports can be viewed online and printed as a handy record of student progress.
Another request from teachers has been the ability to search the site to quickly find relevant web-based resources for schools.
Teachers can search for lessons, topics, widgets (animations), dictionary definitions and HOTsheets (worksheets) by simply entering a term in the search field, linking them instantly to all the resources related to their search term, making it a useful web-based resource for schools.