How can you make use of our exceptional online mathematics learning resources in your school?
With schools introducing different levels of technology at different speeds, it is important that teachers are provided with online mathematics learning resources that fit their classrooms. Designed from the ground up as an online mathematics learning resource, Cambridge HOTmaths allows you to access high quality content in a way that suits you and your students.
How are teachers currently using this online mathematics learning resource in their classroom?
- Using Scorcher is a great way to engage students, especially to encourage them to practise what they learned in class.
- It can be used for 10 quick questions at the start of a lesson, either on an interactive whiteboard or with each student logged in and racing against their classmates.
- Students can compete based on any lesson on Cambridge HOTmaths, so what they learn in class can be consolidated at home, in a fun and challenging environment using online mathematics learning resources.
- Use these interactive investigations on a whiteboard for whole class teaching.
- Run a widget at the front of the room while you walk around the classroom to see how students are progressing.
- For widgets that require more student input, invite a student to the front of the class to manipulate the widget on an interactive whiteboard or on the computer linked to a data projector.
- Utilise widgets as an especially good tool for students who learn kinetically or visually.
- Make use of widgets as a good opportunity to introduce online mathematics learning resources in your classroom.
- Cambridge HOTmaths games are based on sound mathematical learning to provide good maths practice while engaging students using online mathematics learning resources.
- Students can use the games individually or they can be projected onto a whiteboard for a whole class task.
Lesson notes and walkthroughs
- The lesson notes and step-by-step walkthroughs of problems are ideal for students studying individually.
- Walkthrough problems take students through a problem with feedback at each step and are a great supplement to the lesson notes that help students to gain basic understanding of concepts and show them how to set out the working for a problem.
- Being an online mathematics learning resource, they can be accessed at any time, allowing students to learn at their own pace and level.
- Students can use these aspects of this online mathematics learning resource to assist them to work to the best of their abilities at all times.
Tests and assessment tasks
- The range of assessment tasks that Cambridge HOTmaths provides work best as an online mathematics learning resource, although teachers have the option to print out questions to create an instant test.
- The Test Generator now allows teachers to create customised tests from the bank of questions within the Cambridge HOTmaths site.
- Students can complete the lesson questions, topic quizzes and tests online.
- Assessment tasks can be completed in a classroom, computer laboratory, or at home.
- Tests can be saved within the site, creating a bank of customisable online mathematics learning resources that can be shared within the school.
Learning management system
The online mathematics learning resource allows work to be completed and marked online, giving teachers instant access to reports on how their class and each individual student is going.
These are only some of the suggestions we've heard from teachers who are using Cambridge HOTmaths in their classrooms. With more and more teachers having access to technology, it is a great time for people to be working together to change what is possible in the classroom using online mathematics learning resources.